From time to time we may all feel that energy lull through the day, but sometimes our energy levels seem to be in a constant lull! Here are some quick and easy ways to maintain and boost your energy levels through your day.
1) Keep to the same sleep pattern-Your body gets into a rhythm of sleep, so if you stay up late all weekend chances are you’ll have problems feeling refreshed and energetic on Monday morning!
2) Avoid caffeine before bed-sounds obvious but even having a coffee after an evening meal can effect your energy levels and make sleep difficult.
3) Power nap-even for just 10 minutes after lunch, take time to wind down. Allow yourself some time to relax and let go. If you don’t want to sleep you can practise meditation or self Reiki instead!
4) Drink plenty of water-the more you drink water and flush toxins out of your body, the more energy you will have. Carry a bottle in your bag or the car and take regular sips to keep yourself hydrated.
5) Exercise- it doesn’t have to mean a trip to the gym, but even taking the stairs instead of the lift or parking further away then walking 5 minutes can help boost your metabolism and lift your energy levels.
6) Laugh- laughter has many beneficial effects on the body. The brain chemicals for experiencing pleasure, happiness, and peace increase with good, hearty laughs. The happier you are the more energy you have. Check out my other article, “Laughter the best medicine”.
7) Try and avoid negativity- Okay maybe not an easy tip I agree, but negative situations and people will drain your energy levels and if these people or situations form part of your daily life you can constantly feel tired or washed out. If you can’t avoid them look into ways to protect yourself. There are many Reiki attunements that can help with this, or simply visualise a white bubble around yourself stopping negativity coming in.
8) Me time- take a few minutes a day to be by yourself and just breathe!
If you are concerned about your energy levels another idea you can try is to keep a journal for a week or two and reflect back and see where your problem areas are. Maybe you are in constant negative situations at work, maybe you need to allow more time for yourself to relax. Keeping a journal will help you see where your energy drains are.