Bringing your body, mind, and spirit into harmony can be a tough job!
One essential part of uniting these three elements of your person is knowing what makes you passionate. Knowing what makes you passionate will help you get in touch with your soul, to feel creative energy, to feel truly alive. Whether it’s through dance, music, or some other type of artistic expression, find what awakens your soul, makes it sing and you will harmonise body mind and spirit.
Here are some ideas to guide you:
• Focus on your goals. What are your goals for the future? What would you like to ultimately achieve in your life? Is it spiritual enlightenment? Is it social status? Or is it simply to be the best person you can be? It does not matter what your goals are as long as you feel them with all your heart as something you want to achieve. That is what will generate your passion.
• Stay focused on the positive and try to keep negative feelings at bay. Regularly recall you accomplishments and good deeds, give yourself a pat on the back. Doing this will help keep you positive, and keep your spirits up. If you always remind yourself of your mistakes you will find it harder to achieve your goals, and your mind, body, and soul will work against you.
• Find your “Happy Place”- This is a form of meditation that helps you take your mind and spirit to a comfortable place that fills you with peace and happiness. This is an ideal thing to do when you are in the middle of a stressful day, it provides the perfect opportunity to regroup, like having your own personal inner sanctuary.
• Instigate a change. Try something new, anything that will help you move out of your comfort zone for a short while. Maybe a sport or activity that you have always been interested in but pursued. You could plan a holiday or short getaway, nothing does the body, mind, and soul better than a little change of scenery. Let loose and have some fun.
• Use daily affirmations. Choose three or four affirmations that you can say out loud in the mirror that will help you stay centered, positive, and focused. Saying something often enough has the power to make it true for you. Remember- focus on the positive.
You know inside you when something is right, when something really moves you, this is the feeling you get when harmonise body mind and spirit.